Search Engine Optimization (SEO) consists of 7 main components.
- Most SEO projects should start with a thorough SEO Website Audit to determine what is required.
- Following the audit, and based on its results, an overall website optimization, speed, and cleanup should take place to give your website a solid foundation.
- Keyword research and On-Page Optimization should be then conducted on all of the website pages and posts. I.E. The optimization on specific pages of your website for specific keywords.
- Next, Off-Page Optimization should commence. I.E. The number of web links, citations, or online business directories that point back to your website, and the consistency of that information.
- At any stage of the project for many businesses, Local SEO should commence. For most businesses, a properly constructed and optimized Google My Business and Maps listing, Bing My Business Listing, and Apple Maps listing.
- Finally, for Local SEO, the company should generate consistent Citations and Web directory listings on a number of platforms and social media. I.E. Yelp, Foursquare, etc.
- Whereas we wouldn't quite call it SEO, and it's entirely optional, but all companies should have a few social media accounts as well, such as a Facebook account, a LinkedIn Company Page and a Twitter account